Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Read to Self

I put together book bags for my kiddos to read from during our daily Read to Self time.  This is when the boys and girls read quietly to themselves building their stamina so they can be able to read independently for 15 minutes.  While the kiddos are reading this is when boys and girls who are ready will be able to go on the computers to take their AR tests.  It works out beautifully!  Inside each book bag are ABC books (a good fit for my kinders at this time - these books will change as their skill set changes) their "reading glasses", and a pointer finger to help with tracking.  Here they are in action but I must confess I threw off all chances of building more stamina time by going around snapping pictures - oh well - I knew you would enjoy seeing your SUPER READERS in training!  












No comments:

Post a Comment