Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Becoming Super Readers!

A big part of Kindergarten  is reading, reading and more reading!  Sadly, many of my kinders come in believing they aren't readers when in fact they are!  Within the first week of school, I begin my lessons on the 3 ways my kiddos CAN read a book.  They are: using pictures to "read" the book, using pictures to retell a favorite story, using words to read the book.  Once my kiddos say "Wow!  I AM a reader!", we focus on how to pick out books that are just right for them.  Sprinkles to my kindergarten when they knew ABC books were just right for them because they knew their ABC's. (I told you I was a lucky teacher!)  All of this took about 8 days of teaching.  I was so proud of my kiddos ... they were on their way to becoming SUPER READERS!


I read this book to the boys and girls explaining why we want to become SUPER READERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment