Wednesday, September 12, 2012

He Is One Cool Cat.....

As I indulged myself this summer in my blog-hopping ways  reading some wonderful blogs from other Kindergarten teachers, I read more and more about this new children's book about this cat named Pete.  You know how much I love children's books so I just had to check it out. When I did --- I FELL IN L.O.V.E. with Pete the Cat!! I knew I had to share this groovy cool cat with my little kinders.  In a flash, I was on Amazon and ordered all the Pete the Cat books I could (the Christmas one is on back-order) and a Pete the Cat stuffed animal for our classroom.  Once I read our first Pete the Cat book to the class - well - my kiddos now L.O.V.E. him as much as I do!!!

The wonderful thing about Pete the Cat is his attitude about life.  It doesn't matter if you are presented with a new situation, or something doesn't quite go your way, do you cry about it?  Goodness no!  You just keep walking along, singing your song because in the end --- it's all good!  He is one cool cat!!!!




 Our Pete the Cat art work.  Patterns are from Deanna Jump, a fantastic Kindergarten teacher who loves to share.




No comments:

Post a Comment