Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday!

I am so very blessed.  I can honestly say everyday when I go to work, I am so happy to be there.  I love my job!  The boys and girls are so enthusiastic about learning new things and love the path we travel even if that path is a silly one. They encourage my indulgences in have fun while learning.

Today we introduced two new activities into our Kindergarten classroom.  The first was our "brain tickets".  An average person would just see a colored piece of paper with the words "brain ticket" written on it.  No big deal.  Ahhh - but what its represents is something of vast importance.  Our brain tickets are handed out with much reverence as we begin to use our brains and use great thinking skills in the classroom.  There is much ceremony in what they represent and boy do we have a good time passing them out!  I hope you will take some time and congratulate your little one on bringing home the coveted brain ticket and for being such a good thinker at school.

The second activity was the introduction of Punctuation Pirate to our classroom.  By just putting on a pirate hat and using my "Arrrg!" - pirate voice, I transport the kiddos to a different place as he teaches us all about punctuation marks.  Today he introduced to the boys and girls that a period comes at the end of a sentence. He will continue to visit our classroom along with some other great characters to help make learning fun and not quite so ho-hum.

So I thank my all of boys and girls for letting me be so silly and have a little fun while learning!

All parents get a thumbs up and a firecracker cheer ( ask your child to demonstrate) as all the boys and girls remembered  their library books for Library Day.  Fantastic!

I can't wait for tomorrow - Thrilling Thursday!

Your child's teacher,
Mrs. Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment