Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thrilling Thursday !

What a thrilling day we had.  Today, I experienced one of the many joys of teaching Kindergarten - when a child says "Mrs. Straight, I can read!"  We have been working on our first four popcorn words and student name recognition.  The boys and girls have done a super job learning to recognize and read these words.  When we have a big book we share, a sentence written for our morning message or one of our papers,  many of them can instantly recognize these words.  When I gave them their first decodable  reader last week, many big eyes looked up at me in fright and many a voice said "But, Mrs. Straight I don't know how to read a book". It wasn't long before the boys and girls were "discussing" over who was going to get to read the next book first. You got to love it!!!

Don't forget - Show and Tell is tomorrow.

Your child's teacher,
Mrs. Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment