Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Conferences

Parent-Teacher conferences are over and Kindergarten had 100 percent parent attendance! A firecracker cheer for the parents - ask your child to demonstrate for you.  :o)   It was very nice getting to spend a little time with each of you.  I apologize if your conference with me was a little later than scheduled or you were a little late to your next conference after attending your Kindergarten kiddos conference.  I do love to visit and get to know the parents.  Sometimes we do get a bit off topic but communication is very important to your child's education and it is important for your child's teacher and you, the parent, to be on the "same page" so to speak.  Great questions were asked and I hope I was able to answer them all.  But conferences are not the only time to communicate.  Feel free to e-mail me, drop a note or give me a call and I'll be happy to help you out.

October is just around the corner and I am amazed at how fast September has flown by.  October is a busy month for us.  We will spend time on fire safety as October is Fire Safety Month.  We will walk to the fire station with the first graders and get a good look as those big fire trucks.  We will study pumpkins and bats in as we get into the Halloween spirit.  ( No pun intended)  Red Ribbon Week is in October as we pledge to be drug free!  Before you know it we will be dreaming about drumsticks and pumpkin pie....

Thanks to all of you, for all of your wonderful support for all we do in Kindergarten.   You are a big part of  a successful start to your child's school career.

Your child's teacher,
Mrs. Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment