Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

Here I am on sleep-in Saturday telling you all about our Fabulous Friday.  Unfortunately, my allergies got the best of me on Friday and I didn't get much done but I still wanted to fill you in on something very special about our Fabulous Fridays and that is Show and Tell.

Show and Tell is a very important part of our Kindergarten classroom.  It gives the boys and girls an opportunity to develop speaking skills - looking at their audience and using a strong leader voice.  These are things I work on with each student.  It also gives them a chance to build a vocabulary while the rest of the class learns good listening skills and how to ask a question.  But one of the best things I see happening during Show and Tell, is giving each boy and girl and chance for their "ME " moment - a chance to shine as they share something very special to them.  It really brings a fabulous end to a Fabulous Friday!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.  My plans - I am staying indoors where there is no ragweed!!!

Your child's teacher,
(Achoo!)
Mrs. Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment