Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chit Chat

As I was blog hopping late one night, I came across one of my favorite blog sites by fellow Kindergarten teacher Deanna Jump.  She had taken the concept of a morning message to another level to really challenge her kiddos.  I thought my kiddos can do that --- and they did not disappoint!

Each Friday, we do our Chit Chat chart.  I have a message printed for the kiddos to read with some letters missing.  The boys and girls need to use context clues to figure out what is missing and we fill it in our chart.  I always end each message with a questions.  My boys and girls LOVE the challenge!

I then give them a print out of our little "Chit Chat"  and they fill out the information independently and are able to take them home to read to the families.







No comments:

Post a Comment