Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Of My Favorite Finds....

In one of my past blogs, I admitted to you that I am a blog stalker.  Well, now I must admit to you that I am addicted to ------- pinterest.  I have found SO MANY ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL ideas on pinterest! 

Here is one of my favorites.  It is my new clip chart.  Each day the boys and girls begin their day in Kindergarten with their clothespin on "Ready to Learn".  As I catch my kiddos being good listeners, hard workers, moving through our transition times easily, being helpful, anything postive, they get to move their clothespins up throughout the day.  I also use it to remind my boys and girls to keep an eye on their not-so-great behaviors.  If we are having difficulties remembering rules, clothespins are moved down the chart.  Here is the great part, as I catch the students who are having a bit of a rough day, being good, they have the opportunity to move up the chart during the day.  At the end of our day together, we look at our day and cheer on each student for their accomplishments throughtout the day.  For those students who have reached the top of the chart, a line or mark is added to the end of their clothespin.  Once they have earned fives lines, they receive a red clothespin and we conitnue as we go through each color of the rainbow.  Our ultimate goal a - GLITTER clothespin.   Ahhhhhhhh!

The boys and girls have responded fabulously to our clip chart.  I LOVE it because it really reinforces positive behavior in my little kiddos!  THANK YOU to Denise for sharing on pinterest such a fun way to promote positive classroom behavior!





No comments:

Post a Comment