Saturday, January 1, 2011

Polar Express

This is probably one of my most favorite days of the year!  The wonderment and excitement of the holidays through a child's eyes is such a perfect thing!  We started off our afternoon getting into our PJ's.  I arranged the chairs into rows for our "train ride".  Each child was given their ticket to board the train as I dawned my conductor hat as everyone found their seat on the Polar Express.  With lights out, I read the story to the boys and girls.  At the end of the story, I pulled out my own silver bells and we listened to it's wonderful sound to all our enjoyment.  Then low and behold, we heard bells outside and there next to our playground door was a bag from old Mr. C. himself.  Inside the bag he had a silver bell, a train whistle and some magic reindeer food for each of Mrs. Straight's good little boys and girls.  After the squeals and smiles, we had hot chocolate, cookies, cupcakes, and candies while we listen to some Christmas songs.  After all the excitement, we grabbed out rest time towels, laid them out on the floor and watched a little Christmas video.  Soon it was time for all the fun to come to an end as we changed back into our school clothes but I hope the memory stays with them for a lifetime as it will with me.

Your child's teacher,
Mrs. Straight







No comments:

Post a Comment