Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Celebration Heard Around the World...I Think

As a teacher, I have my students best interest at heart.  When I work on my schedule, I go through several drafts as I plan out our day together.  I take into consideration what things are best to teach during different parts of the day and prioritize them.  Reading Math and Writing always come first. Teaching five year olds can be a challenge as they get tired during the day so I always schedule in a rest time during the afternoon.  The boys and girls have been troopers as they lay quietly on their mats with classical music playing for 25 minutes. Many of the boys and girls even fall asleep.  This last month we have had many special days in which rest time was taken out of our day.  I noticed the boys and girls going straight to the agenda for our day and when rest time was no where to be seen, a collective hooray was heard.  OK - OK I can take a hint the boys and girls no longer needed their rest time - my kiddos were growing up. So on Thursday, I sent the rest mats home for the rest of our school year and boy was there a celebration in Kindergarten - - - I am almost sure at least everyone in the county heard it!  :0)

Your child's teacher,
Mrs. Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment