Sunday, August 29, 2010

WELCOME!

Technology is a wonderful thing when it is used appropriately.  It is fascinating  how many of us have given in to try some amazing new tools - texting, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and other sites.  This summer I had the opportunity to attend a technology institute in Norfolk with many of my fellow Winside teachers and learned many new things that will help me and my little students in using some great tools for learning.  It is a very exciting yet scary time for me to wander into this new world.  I would like to invite all of you to come along for the ride.   With this site, it is my goal to provide you with some insight as to what your child, grandchild, niece and/or nephew experiences in Kindergarten.  I will highlight some great learning experiences, activities, songs, and projects for you.  With the help of Mrs. Kollath, our elementary technology teacher, I will share with you some photos of our classroom and great links for you to try at home.  As a result I hope to give you a glimpse into our world and hope you will love kindergarten as much as do!

Your child's teacher,
Mrs Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment